Retrieve table data for each page load?

ArtistRich

I'm looking for some quick guidance here with what approach to take...

Here's what I have: I have data that I import to a MySQL database which is both indexed and has order numbers so I know I can do a single increment call to retrieve the data, but the index order is not always the same as the order numbers and the order numbers are the one's that are assigned in time from oldest to newest. Order numbers are not consecutive and often times repeat in the data because of multiple items on a single order.

Here's what I'd like to output: I'd like to have a single record, the oldest, display on a webpage. On the next view of that page, I'd like the next oldest, you know, one page newer than the oldest. and so on.

Overall, the whole thing goes like this...

Navigate to the webpage, click a button to select and copy the text, click another button to open the relevant template. Paste the text, manipulate it on the template and print the job. Go back to the webpage...

Here's where it comes to action...

Select one of two links, either "Completed" which marks that job as done and refreshes or reloads or calls the next webpage. OR, SKIP, which does the same as completed without marking the job as done.

The purpose here is to streamline our production. There will be 3 people in the department accessing the page server. There are literally hundreds of templates which take way too long to search and find even in a very organized file structure. I have standardized the naming conventions and there are about 8 fields in the db that combine to select the correct template. 

I only have this weekend and maybe Monday or Tuesday at most to put this into action, so I need to decide on the best approach asap. I'm soliciting your input to put me on a track which I will pursue to completion.

All thoughts, comments and flat out help are greatly appreciated. If you've ever written something really similar to this or seen any scripts you can send my way to make it any easier I'd be quite in your debt.

Thanks for checking out this post!

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.