Possible Layout?

adam87

Hey I'm quite an experienced web designer but trying something new below is a quick draw up i made of what I'm going to try and explain

siteidea1.th.jpg

Basically I have got the middle of my page where I want the content but then I have an outer bit which I have currently sliced thru using Photoshop.

I want the left and right sides to be expandable depending on the size of the window. Also I would like to know how to keep the content, header and footer centre of the page an also what would be the recommended way of positioning the div tag for the content (or even using another way).

Hope I have explained it correctly :S

Adam :)

Hey I'm quite an experienced web designer

Based on the picture, your left/right columns only indicate a background image, so my first question is, are those columns of content or simply a background image...

This is a pretty basic layout, you sure you are an experienced web designer?

Have you searched fluid css layout?

I know if you have a center div and want that to be "centered" in the page u can use:

margin-right: auto;

margin-left: auto;

Just put that in your div and it will be centered.

Don't forget you will need to define a width for your div aswell in order for auto margins to work.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.