Displaying an image within a mysql database via php

joe1986

Hi there,

I am currently developing a localhost php application to retrieve report details, etc. from a mysql database. I have an idea at the moment for uploading images to one table in the database (links not blobs) and taking a field from another table comparing the contents of this particular field to the images names in the images table, and if there any matches (or similar) then to display within the PHP page.

For example:

Table 1                                               

+---------------------------+     

| Field 1          |    Field 2    |     

|data123        |    data456  |     

+---------------------------+     

Table 2

+----------------------------+

| Field 1          |    Field 2      |

|data123.jpg  |    diff.jpg      |

+----------------------------+

data123 from one table matches data123.jpg from the other table, so that image is displayed. Im not sure how to implement something like this, although I suspect it might be simple "if field = to field then display, else dont" sort of thing...I hope this sort of makes sense.

Any suggestions?

Cheers

Joe

I havent defined any primary or foreign keys in the table. I have decided to leave the idea now, and to just display an image from the link in a database. Not sure how to do this, but im sure there are tutorials available. If anybody knows of any, please let me know! :)

Cheers

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.