getting values from an array and adjusting db accordingly

jimmyborofan

Hi i got this problem...  >:(

basically I have an array say:

$cartArray this is a session variable and it stores the value of a cart.

the array contains the items that the user has clicked on and chosen to add.

now I have done all the transaction work I have added the transaction to the db, I have closed the session when it everything has been done, I am now stuck with the problem of stock. :-[

the array contains the names of the items and nothing else i have used this array to retrieve price information from the db so that the user gets a total price so I have no probems there. ;D

this is where it gets difficult, adjusting the stock values, :-\

I somehow how to get the number of times that each value has appeared in the array ( I am doing this with the array_count_values() function)

so I am now left with another array which lists how many times each item has been listed in the cart, I have this done so far and can display what the array contains, so I know that this is working. ;D

now I have my difficult bit which I am having problems,  >:(

how can take the values from this counted array and use them to adjust the values of stock in the db? ???

I am really stuck! if someone could let me know which functions would come in useful or a few pointers I would be made up! thanks in advance

Jimmy

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.