apgForm1.7 form redirect problem

Kar606

I am using this script I found (apgForm1.7)to process a form and save into a spreadsheet. It saves the data fine, however it will not redirect the user and it gives me errors that I can't figure out. (yeah... newie, sorry)

I've looked all up the functions and common problems associated and from what I can tell everything seems to be the way it should be. Could the problem be with a php setting?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!!!

Errors:

---------

Notice: Undefined variable: header in acss/forms/feedback.php on line 89 Notice: Undefined variable: data in acss/forms/feedback.php on line 115 Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at acss/forms/feedback.php:89) in acss/forms/feedback.php on line 152

lines referenced in error:

---------------------------

89: $header .= $key . $tab;

115: $data .= $array[$key] . $tab ;

152: header("Location: $success");

The Script:

-----------------

<?php

//redirected to after form is submitted

$success = "success.html";

$error = "error.htm";

//character(s)to be placed instead of line breaks(new line, enter, etc)

$lbChar = " "; // default space

// Determine if the form was sent through the GET methog or the POST method.

if($_POST){

$array = $_POST;

} else if($_GET){

$array = $_GET;

} else {

die("You must Access this file through a form.");

}

//Check if the filename was sent through the form or not

if(!$array['filename']){

// if the filename wasnt sent through the form, it will become form.xls, you can change the default if you want.

$array['filename'] = "form.xls"; //Set the file to save the information in

} else {

if(!(stristr($array['filename'],".xls"))){

$array['filename'] = $array['filename'] . ".xls";

}

}

// Define the tab and carriage return characters:

$tab = "\t"; //chr(9);

$cr = "\n"; //chr(13);

if($array){

// Make The Top row for the excel file and store it in the $header variable

$keys = array_keys($array);

foreach($keys as $key){

if(strtolower($key) != 'filename' && strtolower($key) != 'title'){

$header .= $key . $tab;

}

}

$header .= $cr;

//Make the line with the contents to write to the excel file.

foreach($keys as $key){

if(strtolower($key) != 'filename' && strtolower($key) != 'title'){

$array[$key] = str_replace("\n",$lbChar,$array[$key]);

$array[$key] = preg_replace('/([\r\n])/e',"ord('$1')==10?'':''",$array[$key]);

$array[$key] = str_replace("\\","",$array[$key]);

$array[$key] = str_replace($tab, "    ", $array[$key]);

$data .= $array[$key] . $tab ;

}

}

$data .= $cr;

if (file_exists($array['filename'])) {

$final_data = $data; // If the file does exist, then only write the information the user sent

} else {

$final_data = $header . $data; // If file does not exist, write the header(first line in excel with titles) to the file

}

// open the file and write to it

$fp = fopen($array['filename'],"a"); // $fp is now the file pointer to file $array['filename']

if($fp){

fwrite($fp,$final_data); //Write information to the file

fclose($fp); // Close the file

// Success

header("Location: $success");

} else {

// Error

header("Location: $error");

}

}

?>

That error is because you're sending something to the page before you're sending the header. You can either find where something's being sent to the page and remove it, or put ob_start(); at the top of your script and ob_end_flush(); at the bottom...that should fix it.

And in response to your notification (not really a real error) you can just ignore it. If you really want to get rid of it however, just put $header = ''; somewhere before you add onto it with $header .=

Thanks for you reply....

I tried the ob_start(); and ob_end_flush(); at the beggining and end of the script and it got rid of the errors, however it still does not redirect the page after the user submits the form.

Also, I thought the previous way was correct because header("Location: ") was declared in a variable before the information was sent. -- I could totally be wrong about that.... (I'm really new)

I would still like to know how to get the form to redirect the user to the success.html page. any other suggestions?

Thanks

Them two factors reeeally should make no difference whatsoever. As long as you declare $success before you send the header, it shouln't matter, and as for the exit(), all that does is tell the script to stop processing, which it does at the end anyway.

Ahh well, if it works it works :P

Ok so I was a little too optimistic....

exit(); does help by ending the script there for forcing it to go to redirect success.html (it won't work without it) but for some reason it seems to run the script twice... or at least it adds two rows of the same data to the spreadsheet document.  ???

I really have no clue what is going on, why would that effect it? Is there any more information I can provide that might help solve this?

Hmm...I just tried your original script and it seemed to work.

Btw, it doesn't seem like a very safe script - the way it loops through each superglobal is a well known method hackers use to include their own files in other people's scripts. Idk, it may be fine, but it's not the way I would do it...

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.