Modeling a Call of Duty Score system! Sort of :)

scotchegg78

Hi guys

I have a great fun task, but its easy to get this wrong.

I have to model something where people get scores from games and then submit their results.

In doing this they unlock medals, which could be anything from 1 win, 5 wins on the trot, 4 headshots in a game, used weapon. number of kills, 10 kills a game medal, 20 kills a game medal.

etc etc

Ignoring the fact they have to enter their stats and be trusted, the issue is how to model this setup? I am assuming when a game result is submited i would check this now and then in an table for medals I would allocate they have got the medal? This seems better than checking the medals table on EVERY page load against all old scores to re calculate the results each time?

Anyone ever done anything like this or got any thoughts on the best model for this, and anything else worth noteing? thanks for any input.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.