[SOLVED] Creating a PHP generated list of links to unique pages

neogemima

Hello, so here is my dilemma.  I have managed, thanks to your help here on the forums to create a page that accepts input from users to create "News" postings to my website and get that news to display in order on the home page using a generic php file I named "recentnews.php".

Now I would like to get each posting to link to its unique content, i.e. a page displaying the title and contents of that particular post.

Right now, to get recentnews.php to post the articles I am using this for loop:

$i = $num_rows;

for($i = $num_rows; $i >= ($num_rows - 31); $i--) {

$sql = "SELECT id, date, title FROM Newsposting WHERE id = $i";

$queryresult = mysqli_query($db, $sql);

$rowresult = mysqli_fetch_array($queryresult, MYSQLI_ASSOC);

//printf ("<u>(%s) %s</u>\n", $rowresult["date"], $rowresult["title"]);

echo '<a href="article.php">'.$rowresult['date'].'     '.$rowresult['title'].'</a>';

echo "<br>";

}

I want only the most recent 31 posts to display.  I know that "<a href="article.php">" is not correct.  Anyone have any suggestions?

The site is: www.biotechposting.com and these news posts can be seen on the home page, right now they are just tests with random titles.  Thanks in advance.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.