how to create new tabs/perform function operations on excel sheet using php code

krishna.p

Hi All,

Iam new to php. In my php application i would like to create/update excel worksheets using php code. here i need to fetch the data from mysql database and then i have to insert into excel sheet on daily basis. The next day same procedure happens and this time i have to update the data into second worksheet of same excel sheet.

Would appreciate if you guys can tell me on

1)how to create new tabs in excel worksheet and then

2)how to insert images into excel worksheet using phpcode and then

3)how to perform functions like sum,subtraction operations on the data using php code..

Thanks in advance.

Thanks,

krishna.p

Thanks for the reply.. till now iam able to send data to excel sheet. ie.. in my application if user clicks on EXCEL BUTTON, user will get the open, save,cancel dialog box. If he opens it, user will find the data. but in my case here, i would like to save data in sheets wise...perform some sum/substract operations on it..... is it not possible using php?

php excel looks promising. what i've done in the past is create a simple multi-worksheet spreadsheet, save it as XML, examine the XML to determine each element's XML representation and build a file using that data. it was relatively easy to decipher, but them the spreadsheets i needed to create were relatively simple in both data and formatting.

i'd certainly opt for something like php excel, if it suited my needs.

jason

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.