I've been dealing with this problem for a long time and have been unable to connect to a mysql server on a remove machine from my webserver.
- mysql 5x running on server A
- mysql 5x running on server B
- php 4x running on server A
- can connect to mysql on server B using command line on server A
- can connect to mysql on server A using php and command line from Server A
- cannot connect to mysql on server B using php webpage on server A
- can connect to mysql on server B with php from another machine (so i know it's a problem with server A)
I know it is not a firewall issue since i can connect to the mysql db on server B from other machines using php.
skip_networking is off on both machines.
Does anyone have an idea what could be wrong with server A, and why php wont let it conenct to any other mysql servers using php?
(If this needs to be in php & mysql, or php help, please move)
can connect to remove db via command line, but not in php
No replies to this topic
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users