Selling a PHP web Application

sc_84

Hello,

Sorry if this is the wrong place to post this. But we have built our own php web application and are planning to sell it as online software. The web application uses PHP, MySQL and PEAR:Calendar. My question is what steps do we need to take before we can legally sell it to people. Any help, advice or links with articles to read, much appreciated. Thanks

Depends.

Technically there are no restrictions on what you must do to be able to sell something to someone.

Now, if you want to place certain restrictions on it, such as people cannot resell it, then you will want to sell it to them under a certain license/contract.

Try to sell a service and not the code. If you do sell the code it will probably get show up somewhere else. I remember reading a story like this somewhere. Good luck with your product.

thanks for your replys. I suppose it is sort of a service we are selling, we arent going to give them access to code, we are going to be hosting the web application that they buy. They will have to log onto our servers to use the system.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.