Default values don't work

I'm not sure this is a PHP question or a MySql question. 

I'm working on a PHP application written by other developers meant for a Linux box.  I'm working on it on a Windows Server 2003 box and while most of it works, it seems that any PHP form values that are omitted on an Insert which are intended for a NOT NULL column with a default value set, don't accept the default value.  The PHP application returns an error, indicating a value must be passed in.

Is this a PHP issue, a php.ini issue, a MySql issue or some weird thing using all this on a Windows Server box?  Other PHP applications seem to work ok.  But I don't know how they are handling NOT NULL columns with a default value.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

so..you can't decide whether this is a php or sql question, so you opt for option #3: post in the site comments forum that practically jumps right off your screen screaming at you DON'T POST CODING PROBLEMS HERE.  brilliant. I have a sneaking suspicion I know what the real issue is...

thread closed.