Parallel file download

jriggs

Couldnt think of a good place to post this, please move as appropriate :)

I have 2 servers in separate locations - One is an ISP shared server, and the other sits in my house.  I'm wondering if there is a way to host an identical file on both boxes and when a user wants to download the file I can pull pieces off of both boxes simultaneously.  The idea being that one server has 300Kb/s up and the other has 200Kb/s up so that the file could be dl'd at around 500Kb/s +- because of overhead.  I might even be able to find a couple other mirrors to further enhance speeds.

Both servers are *nix boxes, admin on 1 root on the other.  Anyone have an idea about how to go about this, google is not yielding much help...perhaps I just need the right terminology.  Thanks- 

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.