Lost my MYSQL password

jalen

It's a long story, by default mysql password is root, I changed this to my own password.  I used it to

login, create database, table etc and use it with php. everything works fine, I was able to create my programs

etc up until today.  my program work yesterday fine with the given username and password, database and table etc it.  today I run it again and it gives me an error: 

. Can't connect to MySQL server on 'localhost' (10061)

i went to mysql and login with my password, that I could login yesterday but today it won't let me login.

Not sure why, could someone help me to understand why and how I could reset my password, maybe that would help to work. thanks

Searching for that error message gives the following information -

The error - Can't connect to MySQL server on 'server' (10061) indicates that the network connection has been refused. You should check that there is a MySQL server running, that it has network connections enabled, and that the network port you specified is the one configured on the server.

yea b/c one of my php, I just found out works fine, the other two shows that error.  but these two were working fine yesterday until today, any reason why?

i went to mysql command line and couldn't login with the same password i was able to login yesterday, any reason why?  how can i reset or change my password?

I have reinstalled mysql and seems like the database, table that I've created is still there, could some one tell me why is that?

now by default my username is root, and my password, before installation is also root,  I was able to now sign on to the mysql command line, and change the password on the PHP program and run it and this is the error I got:

. Access denied for user 'ODBC'@'localhost' (using password: NO)

I also noticed that there is a database in mysql that I didn't create, called information_schema that I am trying to drop but couldn't do it.  could someone help thanks

now by default my username is root, and my password, before installation is also root,  I was able to now sign on to the mysql command line, and change the password on the PHP program and run it and this is the error I got:

. Access denied for user 'ODBC'@'localhost' (using password: NO)

Seems like you aren't providing any username or password.

I also noticed that there is a database in mysql that I didn't create, called information_schema that I am trying to drop but couldn't do it.  could someone help thanks

It's used internally by MySQL.

Daniel0,

something is very strange.  I uninstalled and re-installed mysql, and adjust the php program for the new user name and password.  again yesterday after I did this it runs fine.  I leave the password as root, and again today I run my php program in my local environment and nothing show, no result, no error just a blank screen.

and then when I open mysql command line and then login in using the password i know it work yesterday and today it didn't work.

Could you explain to me why my php program is blank and why the command line login didn't work when it work yesterday with the same password??

thx

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.