Inserting Fields into multiple tables

cmaclennan

Hi Guys,

Hoping you can help me out here I have a large form that is acting as an order log there are 4 parts to the form, customer details, shipping details, order details and then the parts section I need to insert all the data into their respective tables with the ID's linking all of them together for searching? I have the form done I'm just stuck on the inserting portion at the moment.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks in Advance.

Ok Well as I understand it I need to have a customer_id field in the customer table, a shipping_id field in the shipping table and a order_id field in the order table all as primary keys, now in order for me to bring up when searching all the parts associated with an order i need the order_id to be inserted into the parts table and the customer and shipping id's to be inserted into the order table so that all the info comes up when searched for, so if on the first insert query the customer_id is generated how do i insert that into the order table?

hope that all makes sense.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.