[SOLVED] Where Clause Help

hank9481

I have a table of 30 different ID's. I have data in each row related to a particular ID, and based on a sort menu, I want to be able to jump to each where I have a page showing the data describing the selected ID.

Such as = /2018/previews.php?abbr=atl.php

The problem is, I cannot figure out how to make it work. For example, when I select something in my menu, it does nothing. Here's the code. Help me!

$result = mysql_query("SELECT T.name, T.nickname, HM.first_name, HM.last_name, S.mgr, TR.w, TR.l, P.grade, P.in, P.out, P.x_player, P.x_text, P.bo_player, P.bo_text, P.spec_hit, P.spec_hit_text, P.spec_pitch, P.spec_pitch_text, P.question, P.review, P.year, P.outlook, P.proj, P.l1, P.l2, P.l3, P.l4, P.l5, P.l6, P.l7, P.l8, P.l9, P.sp1, P.sp2, P.sp3, P.sp4, P.sp5, P.rp FROM previews P JOIN abbr A ON P.team_id=A.team_id JOIN teams T ON P.team_id=T.team_id JOIN human_managers HM ON P.team_id=HM.team_id JOIN staffs S ON P.team_id=S.team_id JOIN team_record TR ON P.team_id=TR.team_id WHERE A.abbr=".$abbr." LIMIT 1") or die(mysql_error());

while ($row = @mysql_fetch_array($result,MYSQL_ASSOC)) {

ok.. jesus christ that is 1 seriously extended sql.. but you don't have single quotes encasing your abbr

do:

'{$abbr}'

instead of

".$abbr."

and I'm not sure if u can do all those joins :S but if u can than go for it..but u prolly dun rly need to join all those tables =\

Having another issue, hoping to get help.

My page above now works, but I am working on creating a webform to input data. Here's the PHP Info-

//ASSIGN FORM VALUES

$team_id=$_POST["team_id"];

$review=$_POST["review"];

$outlook=$_POST["outlook"];

$x_player=$_POST["x_player"];

$x_text=$_POST["x_text"];

$bo_player=$_POST["bo_player"];

$bo_text=$_POST["bo_text"];

$year=$_POST["year"];

$spec_hit=$_POST["spec_hit"];

$spec_hit_text=$_POST["spec_hit_text"];

$spec_pitch=$_POST["spec_pitch"];

$spec_pitch_text=$_POST["spec_pitch_text"];

$proj=$_POST["proj"];

$in=$_POST["in"];

$out=$_POST["out"];

$l1=$_POST["l1"];

$l2=$_POST["l2"];

$l3=$_POST["l3"];

$l4=$_POST["l4"];

$l5=$_POST["l5"];

$l6=$_POST["l6"];

$l7=$_POST["l7"];

$l8=$_POST["l8"];

$l9=$_POST["l9"];

$sp1=$_POST["sp1"];

$sp2=$_POST["sp2"];

$sp3=$_POST["sp3"];

$sp4=$_POST["sp4"];

$sp5=$_POST["sp5"];

$rp=$_POST["rp"];

$grade=$_POST["grade"];

$question=$_POST["question"];

//INSERT DATA

mysql_query("UPDATE previews SET team_id='$team_id', review='$review', outlook='$outlook', x_player='$x_player', x_text='$x_text', bo_player='$bo_player', bo_text='$bo_text', year='$year', spec_hit='$spec_hit', spec_hit_text='$spec_hit_text', spec_pitch='$spec_pitch', spec_pitch_text='$spec_pitch_text', proj='$proj', in='$in', out='$out', l1='$l1', l2='$l2', l3='$l3', l4='$l4', l5='$l5', l6='$l6', l7='$l7', l8='$l8', l9='$l9', sp1='$sp1', sp2='$sp2', sp3='$sp3', sp4='$sp4', sp5='$sp5', rp='$rp', grade='$grade', question='$question' WHERE team_id='{$team_id}'");

//CLOSE OUT CONNECTION

mysql_close($dbh);

?>

Can someone help me?

It looks to me like you are using some reserved keywords. I think in and out are both reserved keywords (google mysql reserved keywords and the first on the list will take you to a mysql page showing a list of such). The simple solution is to put backwards quotes ( ` ) around each field name ie( instead of review='$review' have `review`='$review' ).

Also, as an aside, I sure hope you are validating your input, because else, you're leaving your db wide open.

I hope that my above comments about reserved keywords help you out.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.