includes

hchsk

how can i include a .php file that needs to be executed and contains relative links, from a different folder, without that screwing up the relative links. (i say screwing up, it's doing what it's supposed to, but in this particular case is not what i want).

can exec() be used to do this? i was confused by the php manual

and why might i get this error message when i attempt an absolute url? a relative path works when i call the page itself, not from an include

Warning: fopen(http://www.lowersouthlounge.com/teambonuscheck.txt) [function.fopen]: failed to open stream: HTTP wrapper does not support writeable connections in /home/.ibycusdryer/cyprinid/lowersouthlounge.com/scripts/report.php on line 39

when you include a file that has relative links in it, the relative paths become relative to the file that is including that included file.

as far as the warning: when you use a full url like that, fopen attempts to open it via http protocol, and apparently your server is not setup to allow that (or it could be outside a publicly accessible folder).

make the links in the included file relative to the file that is including the included file.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.