database info showed in webpage

orange08

hi, my php site links to MySQL database...recently, i found sometimes when i insert, update or even browse my database through form in my php site,

i get label or tootip displayed for a while in my web page  showing information like 'browse innodb free xxkb'...or

i have even get a tootip(not able to see the content clearly)...seem showing information like 'disk....' and the information end with date and time...

can i know what happen here?

thanks!

If you know where the data is coming from, and the method used -then it's usually better to use $_POST or $_GET.

Otherwise, dont use $_REQUEST

another problem:

if you pass things in url (including session id), http referer will be leaked out when user click on a out linking url.

but if u hide it in <form action=post>, then this will not happend.

If you know where the data is coming from, and the method used -then it's usually better to use $_POST or $_GET.

Otherwise, dont use $_REQUEST

in my case, i never use $_REQUEST...

another problem:

if you pass things in url (including session id), http referer will be leaked out when user click on a out linking url.

but if u hide it in <form action=post>, then this will not happend.

for 'browse innodb free xxkb' tooltip i get, that the case is i'm using $_GET...so, this might the reason...

how about that 'disk....' tooltip? i just not able to see it clearly before it's disappear...so, can't see what's the content of the tooltip...just able to see the 'disk' word...last time i thought is my hardware problem(not enough RAM) has causing it, until i get the 'browse innodb free xxkb'...just suspect is from database problem. this 'disk...' tooltip i get is when i insert and update my database table(i'm using $_POST in this case)...in one case that when i update table and get the tooltip...my update query is not completed performed as one of my fields is not updated...what's the problem please and how can i solve it?

thanks!

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.