just need help on converting some code from php5 to php4

farban

I agree with Daniel, PFMaBiSmAd, Ken2k7, and probably the majority on phpfreaks... you should upgrade, not downgrade.

If its not your server, change hosts because its not worth it to sit on an old box friend.

Any ways, the one line of code you provided isn't much for us to work off of... does it not work? what does it do when you run it? do you get errors? if so, what are they?

i cant change hosts or upgrade the server as its for a client and uni project so i cant really tell the client to upgrade im afraid

here is the code

<?php
$doc = domxml_open_mem();
$doc = domxml_open_file("Playlist.xml");

$musiclist = $doc->get_elements_by_tagname( "mp3" );
foreach( $musiclist as $song )
{
  $artists = $song->get_elements_by_tagname( "artist" );
  $artist=htmlentities(utf8_decode($artist->nodeValue));

$titles= $song->get_elements_by_tagname( "title" );
  $title= $titles->nodeValue;

$urls = $song->get_elements_by_tagname( "url" );
  $url = $urls->nodeValue;

echo "<b>$artist - $title - $url\n</b><br>";
  }
?>

just really need some solution to this ...only need to make the title artist and url appear

i cant change hosts or upgrade the server as its for a client and uni project so i cant really tell the client to upgrade im afraid

In my opinion you can. Any server admin/host that hasn't upgraded a long time is a joke. Tell your client to get a real host, and tell your university's IT department to get a real admin.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.