[SOLVED] Php MySql Simple Search

kickoutbettman

Hello all,

I'm starting from scratch and only have a basic idea of what needs to be done.

So I want to have a user search for a golf course. He can search for the city name, the golf club name or the course name, all within the same search field (if that is possible).

Here's my 3 DB table

CITY

cityName

state

country

GOLFCLUB

cityName

golfClubName

COURSES

idCourse

courseName

golfClubName

What I would like to do is to have 1 search field

<input name="searchField">

and the user can search for a city,club or courses without having to choose what he's searching for (because he might don't know if it's the clubName or the courseName).

For the display result I would like (again if it's possible) to have the courses as the result (even if the user search for a city, I want all the courses from that city to be listed)

I know I'm asking a lot, but I would like to start with a sample script that can meet my needs. I never made a search engine before.

Thank you very much

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.