email taking FOREVER

dadamssg

ive written a register-to-become-a-user script and when everything validates it sends an email with a confirmation link. Its works...but the email (i just clocked it) took about an hour and a half to get to me. Does anybody know why it takes so freaking long? heres the portion that sends the email

$emess = "A new Member Account has been setup. ";
        $emess.= "Your new Member ID and password are: ";
        $emess.= "\n\n\t$username\n\t$passworda\n\n";
        $emess.= " Click the link below to confirm your account.\n\n\n";
	$emess.= "http://www.mysite.com/test/confirm.php?uu={$username}&ee={$email}&ch={$confirmhash}\n\n\n";
	$emess.= "If you have any questions or problems,";
	$emess.= " email admin@mysite.com";
        $ehead="From: Admin@mysite.com\r\n";  
        $subj = "Your new Member Account from mysite.com";
        $mailsnd=mail("$email","$subj","$emess","$ehead");

#1, slow emails are usually the outcome of slow email SERVERS, and slow email servers (since they're usually very fast) is because of overfilled shared servers..

Want the emails to be delivered faster? Get a VDS/VPS or DS hosting plan  VPS and VDS are actually good alternatives to shared, as they usually give you dedicated resources. I currently have 2 VDS

1 on westhost.com and 1 on jumpline.com, the jumpline one is horrible and I'm getting rid of it at the end of this month... its horrible because the price is too high, however, the quality they provide, is 'okay', westhost is just as good (I think), and way more space and transfer, but so much cheaper, so they must not be giving you sumfin, or underselling themselves, or selling more VDS per server, either way, VDS > SHARED

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.