PHP5 doesn't seem to work under Win7 RC

Hi, I have been running Apache, PHP, MySQL, phpMyAdmin, and Wordpress on an XP system, I then migrated to Vista. All worked fine. I just upgraded to Win7 RC and installed the 32 bit version of Apache 2.2.11 (I'm running a quadcore 64 bit AMD system). Since not everything I listed above has a 64 bit version, I installed the 32 bit version of all - but only got as far as Apache and PHP (sort of).

To install on the Win7 system, I first installed Apache and verified that it is working. So far so good. I then installed PHP 5.2.9-2. Although it appears to be installed and integrated with Apache (I see it in the service monitor) when I try to run any PHP file, it just echoes back the PHP command. I used the standard <?php phpinfo(); ?>. Rather than seeing the info panel, I only see <?php phpinfo(); ?> echoed back to me. I installed and configured the same way I previously had for XP and Vista.

I've temporarily disabled UAC and also tried installing Apache from the command line as administrator (even though it installed and ran fine from the .msi file.

I've gone through all my .conf and .ini files with a fine tooth comb but cannot find a reason PHP doesn't appear to run under Win7 RC. Granted I put the newest versions of all on my Win7 machine. Under Vista I had been running Apache 2.2.6 and PHP 5.2.4.

I'm at my wits end with this one. Anyone have any ideas?

Apache and what not all runs fine under Win 7 RC 1 for me (been running Win 7 RC1 for only about 2 days though lol).

Perhaps you forgot to set the handler for PHP files?

(This assumes you're using it as a module, not in CGI mode.  I suggest module mode unless you for some reason have to use it through CGI.)

AddType application/x-httpd-php .php

Something like that should be in there somewhere.

• 1 month later...
This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.