[SOLVED] XSLT & php5

Definate Newbie here...  on a system running Apache 2.2.3 (redhat) with PHP 5.1.6  I am interested in looking at/accessing the Dolphin Community builder system. In order to run or even install it requires there to be an XSLT procesor installed. I have been reading and researching for a few days now and apperantly xslt is included as a module with my php..  I've even found the lib files but this is where I bog down.

In the php.ini file it states that modules are loaded according to what .ini files are found in a specific dir so I tried creating an appropriate ini file and placing it.... nothing. Next, I tried renaming the lib file as it didn't seem to conform with the rest of the .so files  .  This one was named libxslt.so.1.1.17  Thinking this a little unusual I renamed to libxslt.so and made matching ini file.....  nothing .  I'm obviously not going in the right direction and would certainly appreciate ANY assistance I might find here...

Any GURU's out there able to provide a fix in layman's terms...

Thanks

Tom

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.