Help with SQL query - Previously calculated in Excel

suprsnipes

Help with SQL query

I have a table with the following columns.

ID1

TYPE1

PRICE1

SIZE1

I need to put together a query that calculates the following in the one step...previously I was calculating this in Excel.

1. IF(AND(TYPE1='N', PREVIOUS_ID1='a', PRICE1>=PREVIOUS_PRICE1),THEN

INSERT INTO new column SUM(+SIZE1)

2. IF(AND(TYPE1='N', PREVIOUS_ID1='b', PRICE1<=PREVIOUS_PRICE1),THEN INSERT INTO new column SUM(-SIZE1)

The SIZE1 column is shown as a number, for example 002, 011, 001 etc. If the above 1. statement is true then insert into new column the sum of size1 as a plus, if 2. statement is true insert into new column the sum of size1 as a negative for further analysis.

Why not retain Excel for the business logic by using a PHP based calculation engine that replicates Excel functionality?

In saying that do you have any suggestions as to how I could go about this?

A little PHPExcel library listed in my signature would be one option. You can read/write Excel files directly from PHP, and it has a built-in calculation engine that replicates most of Excel's functions.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.