[SOLVED] twitter like hover

nashsaint

hi,

ive noticed the effects on the messages posted on twitter, when you hover the messages it displays another div, i think, with links on it: link to add as favorite or delete.  does anyone knows how to add the link on hovering divs, or anything similar?

thanks.

Hi

I have found some code to do this kind of thing.

Basically it used a load of divs which I dumped at the bottom of the page, all set as style='display:none'. Each row of main data had  onmouseover='do_preview(49, event)' onmouseout='hide_preview()', where the 49 refers to the particular line and matched the hidden div for that line.

There was also a single hidden div near the top.

The do_preview function copied the contents of the relevant hidden div from the bottom into the single one, set the coordinates of it and displayed it.

Code I based it on was to give a preview of a thread in a forum, but I played around with it a fair amount.

All the best

Keith

Thank you very much keith for the idea.  This is what i done and it works great.

<html>

<head>

<style type="text/css">

<!--

#mainDiv {

height: 50px;

width: auto;

background-color: #039;

}

#hiddenDiv1 {

height: 50px;

width: auto;

background-color: #960;

}

-->

</style>

<!-- trigger script. -->

<script type="text/javascript" language="JavaScript"><!--

function HideDIV(d) { document.getElementById(d).style.display = "none"; }

function DisplayDIV(d) { document.getElementById(d).style.display = "block"; }

//--></script>

</head>

<body>

<div id="mainDiv" onmouseover="HideDIV('mainDiv');DisplayDIV('hiddenDiv1')" onmouseout="HideDIV('hiddenDiv1');DisplayDIV('mainDiv')">

<p >This is the main div</p>

</div>

<div id="hiddenDiv1" style='display:none' onmouseover="HideDIV('mainDiv');DisplayDIV('hiddenDiv1')" onmouseout="HideDIV('hiddenDiv1');DisplayDIV('mainDiv')">

<p>This is Hidden Div 1. <a href="link1.php">Link 1</a>. <a href="link2.php">Link 2</a></p>

</div>

</body>

</html>

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.