[SOLVED] Issue with watermarking

Brian W

I can't seem to figure out why this code won't overlay my watermark.png file over the image.

$target_path = "images/";
$name = date("ymd").basename($_FILES['uploadedfile']['name']);
$target_path = $target_path . $name;

if(move_uploaded_file($_FILES['uploadedfile']['tmp_name'], $target_path)) {
$o['name'] = $target_path;
list($o['width'], $o['height']) = getimagesize($o['name']);
if($o['width'] > $o['height']){
$n['width'] = 400;
$n['height'] = round(($o['height']/$o['width'])*400);
} else {
$n['height'] = 400;
$n['width'] = round(($o['width']/$o['height'])*400);
}
$src = imagecreatefromjpeg($o['name']);//Create Handle

$watermark = imagecreatefrompng('watermark.png');

$tmp=imagecreatetruecolor($n['width'],$n['height']);
imagecopyresampled($tmp,$src,0,0,0,0,$n['width'],$n['height'],$o['width'],$o['height']);
imagecopy($tmp, $watermark, 0, 0, 0, 0, 400, 400);

imagejpeg($tmp,$o['name'],100);//Output

I found one person somewhere that said something about the version of the GD library they got (packaged with RedHat) had a bug in imagecopy(), but I'm thinking I'm just f'ing up.

Fair enough.  You'd be surprised though how many people ask for help without making a solid attempt on their own though.

The next step would be to try and get more information as to why it's failing.  Turn on error reporting if it's not already.  See if those image*() functions have a way of returning extended error information and check that information at every step of the way.

And double check your version of any extension you're using for known bugs and / or problems.

If all else fails, upload or send me a copy of your png and if I have time I can try to run it on my machine.

Excuse me while I kick myself... this entire time there hasn't been any issue whatsoever besides me overwriting the incorrect file (wrong directory on in the ftp!). What tipped me off was setting error_reporting to E_ALL and not receiving any errors whatsoever.

Thanks for your help, sorry I inconvenienced you and any one else who looked at this topic.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.