Advice on how this system should be coded.

djfox

I`m building this browser php based game on my website. Characters will be continuously added on and the user can choose which character they want to work with at any given time (like they will "unlock" characters and will have access to all of them). A function I`d like to have setup is that user can have their unlocked characters interact with one another (by either giving gifts or asking questions, etc) and how the interaction goes will determine whether or not one character likes the other and how much they like/dislike the other character would determine what the response is and based on which character (aka, different personalities).

What would be the simplest and easiest way to code for this? I already have a form set where the user would select which two characters would interact with one another, and I have a field in the database for each character to record their like value for the other characters.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.