SMTP server on the network

lang79james

I have read and read and read and searched and searched.... But I have found no answers other then this is where windows is better. I have computer Server that is my main server, and I have a Laptop that I am using to learn PHP. Now down the road I might add Mysql to that server but not yet. Seeing how my server is the back bone of my main site that is running on a virtual machine I gave it a smtp server role. Not sure if it works but here is my main question. How do I configure my laptop php.ini so it will send mail to my server and then passes it to gmail

My goal is to use php to send mail using my gmail account and email

So when I make a page that sends mail to either my self or some else from my webserver it returns send the mail to my main server and passes it to gmail to my self or some one else.

My main server is running Linux mint

My Laptop is running Linux mint

I also know it is possible and hella easy to do with Windows because for a time I was running Moddle a php program to achieve the same thing.

I am trying to avoid using a local resources when I have other computers to run them. 

Any help would be nice 

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.