Tooltip - sort of...

Shadow81

Ok, firstly, can this be done using css only... if not, would someone be so kind as to create me a javascript that will achieve what I am looking for? I cannot find a snippet anywhere :(

What I am looking for is a way to make help text appear in a box explaining what the link leads to.

Basically I have 4 boxes with text inside them. The first 3 are links, which lead to different sections of account configuration. The 4th box on the right is the "Assistant" - and when a user hovers their mouse over one of the boxes I would like text to show in the "Assistant" box explaining what can be configured in that category.

When the mouse is NOT hovering over a link, the "Assistant" box will have text in explaining that when the mouse hovers a link, information will appear here to assist.

I hope I have been able to explain it well enough for you guys to understand. Ive attached an image to try help explain.

Thanks

[attachment deleted by admin]

Hi, ClueTip looks good, but I cant seem to find how to use it in the way I described anywhere. The other thing is, the box on the right, the "Assistant" automatically sizes itself to fit text inside it, I am conerned that ClueTip would just kind of hover over it, and potentially overlap it?

thanks

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.