<?php
      if (isset($_POST['submit'])) {
        echo "<td>You selected {$POST['foo']}</td>";
      }
      ?>
  </tr>
</table>

Excuse the table.

Thanks bro, ok so i place the dropdown in the left hand where the menu is and that php code in center of the page where i want the content to show rite? Can i use link instead of dropdown? But how wil i name a link? My categories would be in link so would i add lik <a herf="index.php?name="foo"/>1</a> ?

No that was something i was asuming. Ok il explain where i said menu il add links to folders like

A

B

C

say i click on A and inside folder A there would be a page.php and i want to show whatever is writen in page.php in right side something like this after u click on A

A.    |      page.php results here

Exactly bro that is basic but it was something i showed for example, i want to do that with php say like i $_request that link in the right hand within index.php of my site when click on menu category without having to go to some other page.php. Like i explained. Anyways i gues its not  posible to do it. Thanks for ur help

If there are only going to be a few you could set each link to call index.php?link=page1, index.php?link=page2 and so on and then...

<?php
$link = $_GET['link'];
?>

To get the link and set a variable.

Then where you want the content to display use if and elseif statements to include whatever page corresponds to that link...

<?php
if ($link=="page1")
{
include 'page1.php';
}
elseif ($link=="page2"){
include 'page2.php';
}
else
  echo "Invalid link";
?>

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.