backing up joomla databases

jasonc

Hi

How do i print all info from the mysql databases to the screen so i can save the log and use this to upload to my new server as current host will not allow access to it but i can uplaod files to the server so this should be posible.

can someone please help out in suggesting a way to do this as i do not know the database names but have the username and password i grabbed from one of the config files via FTP

Jason

they set it up in the first place for me as i did not know how to!

now i know how and other stuff like installing add-on and stuff i wish to host elsewhere as i can then access all of it and not just what the host wants me to.

i think they just want me to stay with them and not move as i have asked about this once before and thats when it all started to be limited access !!

anyways how do i get the site to work?

i have got a full FTP backup of the site files on the server and i have a backup of the mysql using a plug-in would me just moving the files to the new host and then reastoring the databases be enough to get the site back to normal ?

yes it is a proper db.

i was realy wondering about the modules and the add-on and stuff like that would i have to re-install them al or does the server files have all these?

i have the full FTP back up i was able to do.

if i upload these to the new server (when i sign up with them) will the site work as it did b4 ?

ok i have the database, using the addin modual.

just wondered if moving the ftp backup of all public_html folder files and setting up the databases on the new server will do the job or would i have to install each addon and modual from scratch?

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.