personal website critique

rawkuts

i've been working on my personal site a bit to update it. i'm not too sure about a couple of the design decisions i made, so if you could comment on those (or anything else you notice) i would appreciate it.

what i thought may be the most distasteful about the site:

* lack of images (even the 'logo')

-- or just too plain/basic

* monospace font

-- font size also may be an issue

-- also omission of capitals

* color scheme

* expects 1024x768 resolution, although 800x600 kind of works still

* scrap the custom business and just use a wordpress theme?

http://www.rawkuts.com

• 4 weeks later...

Little late of a post, but, eh.

On the Food page, I would either institute a collapsible list, or provide links to pages for the actual recipes.

I was interested to see what you had (in terms of recipes), but when I saw the size of the scroll bar, I lost interest.

Thanks. I love the collapsable post idea. More chance to break out those rusty css skills.

In addition to that, as the list grows I'll probably need to organize it better like you said. I suppose I should also add the internal # links as well (i can't recall the correct name for those). And then some sort of 'show only one recipe/post'.

• 3 weeks later...

I don't mean to be harsh but everything about the site in terms of its design make it look as if it is about 15 years out of place. If I were you I'd definitely consider using a wordpress theme. There's quite a few to choose from, and since design is obviously not your thing, it looks as if it is a good way to go.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.