Help please

Lagreca

I have this problem with Dropular's (http://dropular.net/) search result. This the query I use to receive the DB result when someone for example searches for "red" :

$get_results = "SELECT * FROM articles WHERE img LIKE '%".$search_string."%' OR title LIKE '%".$search_string."%' OR pool LIKE '%".$search_string."%' ORDER by date DESC LIMIT ".$num.",50";

This works just fine, BUT i want the result only to display this where example TYPE = "image"

So, basically, take the result of $get_results, filter it down and look for where TYPE = "image" and keep only these, and remove the others (e.g where TYPE = video or TYPE = link).

I hope you understand my question.. very hard to explain.

've tried is: $get_results = "SELECT * FROM articles WHERE img LIKE '%".$search_string."%' OR title LIKE '%".$search_string."%' OR pool LIKE '%".$search_string."%' AND type = 'image' ORDER by date DESC LIMIT ".$num.",50";

But that does not work.. doesnt seem like multiple LIKE and WHERE works together well.. :'(

Best,

Lagreca

$get_results = "
SELECT * FROM articles WHERE 
(
     img LIKE '%".$search_string."%' OR
     title LIKE '%".$search_string."%' OR
     pool LIKE '%".$search_string."%'
)
AND type = 'image' ORDER by date DESC LIMIT ".$num.",50";

Did you try parentheses

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.