[SOLVED] if construct using isset

tcpa41

Hello,sry if it is a dumb question,but im trying to write an if construct which usses isset and my problem is that i  want it to execute only if isset is false.

My idea looks like this,but when it's executed i get error about unexpected false.So how do i make such construct work only incase $val is false?

if(isset($val)))==false
{
}

Hello,sry if it is a dumb question,but im trying to write an if construct which usses isset and my problem is that i  want it to execute only if isset is false.

My idea looks like this,but when it's executed i get error about unexpected false.So how do i make such construct work only incase $val is false?

if(isset($val)))==false
{
}

It's a syntax error.  You simply need:

if(!isset($val))
{
   /* code */
}

The '!' is a logical NOT, so the expression literally says "If $val IS NOT set, execute the following code."

EDIT: Remember also that checking to see if a value is set is NOT the same as checking whether it's value is false.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.