Mouseover Effect

twilitegxa

I'm not sure where this should go but here is my question:

I want to create a sort of popup box to appear on mouseover of my buttons. I want a line to come out from the button that leads to the box and the box to be opaque or see-through and some text to appear in the box that tells what the button links to. I guess it's kind of like a tooltip, but with a see-through box that pops up. How would I do this? What would I use? Know any tutorials on this?

• 2 weeks later...

I haven't written any code yet. I was looking more for what this might be called so I could try looking it up and writing some code, then if I couldn't get it, I would post the code here for some suggestions or help. I'm not sure what this would be called. I saw something similar that might work, but it was called simplemodal. But it was not exactly what I was looking for, just similar.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.