Check out a PHP framework I wrote

spaze

The first thing that stands out is the fact that your index.php and .htaccess are in the root of the framework and not contained within public/.

Your framework itself (lib/CodeFrame) should be installed outside of the web servers document root and included on php's include_path. I understand this isn't always possible but still.

I'm also not sure I see the point in the tex file parse your calling a 'flatfile database'. There's a perfectly good flatfile database built into php5 (sqlite) that implements a modest sql dialect.

Other than that, its nice demonstration of how simply the mvc pattern can be implemented I guess.

The first thing that stands out is the fact that your index.php and .htaccess are in the root of the framework and not contained within public/.

That is how things work on my web-hotel. if user's document_root in Apache is set to something else, these would go there ofcourse.

Your framework itself (lib/CodeFrame) should be installed outside of the web servers document root and included on php's include_path. I understand this isn't always possible but still.

In the installation package the Library in within the application directory, but on my web-hotel for example, the lib -directory is in a different location where multiple applications are accessing it. This also is modifiable through LIBRARY_PATH constant in main_config.php script.

I'm also not sure I see the point in the tex file parse your calling a 'flatfile database'. There's a perfectly good flatfile database built into php5 (sqlite) that implements a modest sql dialect.

The reason is because on some commercial web-hotels there are no SQL databases available free-of-charge. Even though SQLite itself is usually installed in most Linux distros, the PHP might not be compiled with SQLite support for these web-hotel providers because they want to charge you for whatever database usage. This is the sole reason why I thought of adding the txtsql-db-api package to CodeFrame, to let those who don't have access to SQL database to still have the option to do SQL queries within their applications.

Other than that, its nice demonstration of how simply the mvc pattern can be implemented I guess.

Thanks. If nothing else, I will keep on working on this for the fun of it. I do actually use CodeFrame for many of my applications so its not at all "just for fun" project. I would love to get some people to work on this project to perhaps make yafw, yet another framework :D

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.