Saving CSS

adam84

Howdy,

I want to allow my registered users to create their own css for their page. My question is how would i go about saving this information. I have a few ideas.

1. Say I have five different css styles I am allowing them to edit. Would I create a table with five different columns and I save each css style in its appropriate column.

2. Save the entire user created css file into the database.

Any other ideas??

Never create a row with an arbitrary number of columns.  So you create a row with five fields for CSS, then you decide to allow a sixth, how much code do you have to change?  And are you shure you got them all?

I would make each CSS a separate row in the db, tied to the user.

One Thing -- you have to be VERY careful, or have VERY trustworthy users.  You are giving them an excellent opportunity to inject HTML and possibly PHP commands into your page.

Well, once you are inside a style sheet, there should not be any HTML tags.  I think the strip_tags function might be useful. 

<STYLE>
<?php echo string_tags($style); ?>
</STYLE>

That's where I would start. 

Hopefully, If someone else has a better/different idea they will chime in.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.