waiting for localhost?

bnther

I've got myself a serious roadblock with regards to PHP.  I've installed WampServer 2.0 that has always worked well for HTML and Flash.  I've even been successful using PHP for navigation menus.  But for some reason, when I try and use php for a flash email form, I get this error "waiting for localhost".  I've uploaded the flash/php code to Godaddy and it works fine there so I know it's not the code.

Has anyone else heard of this?  It's not going to be very productive of me to upload everything to Godaddy when building pages.

corbin,

Thanks for the reply.

I think that the issue I'm having here might be related to an earlier post of mine.

http://www.phpfreaks.com/forums/index.php/topic,255735.0.html

For some reason, I'm not getting a full loop on communicating with PHP.  Don't have any idea of what it could be, but it's been a blatent handicap so far.  I've put a lot of time into this and at this point I'm wondering if I shouldn't swap Wamp out with something else.  I'm at an impasse until I can get things to work properly.

Still haven't made any progress with this issue yet. >:(

I get this error; Unhandled ioError:. text=Error #2032: Stream Error  which is really weird because I'm 99% certain that my url is typed in correctly.  Also, I know the code is correct, because I've uploaded it to Godaddy and everything works fine.

I really couldn't guess how many hours I have into it, but I'm tired of taking a beating.  Time to make a change.  What is everyone using for testing their code locally?  Like I mentioned before, I'm currently fighting WampServer.  I've looked up Web Developer Server Suite --  it claims to be setup in minutes  :D  (Wouldn't that be nice!)  I'd be interested to know what server platforms everyone is using.

• 2 weeks later...
This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.