MySql website from PC Form

jp2php

We need to connect to our MySql website to synchronize files on a local PC.

We are going to be using a Windows Form, not a website.

How would I create a connection for this?

I have not gotten to this in my code yet, but I will be there shortly (within a day).

Errrr....  No, I'm wondering what a Windows form is.

Edit:

Windows Forms is a set of classes in the .NET Framework that enables rapid development of rich Windows client applications, with powerful, extensible libraries for user-interface controls and graphics

Guess I should have googled.

So...  What language are you coding it in?

We are developing (mostly and preferred) in C#, but there is some older VB code.

In a Nutshell:

The program will be installed on the Customer's computers (laptops), and a Synchronize button will allow them to match their local databases with the central server on the website.

There's a lot of unwritten code in those words, though!

Well, it is this client's request, their website, and their database. We're just doing the work for them.

I've got the package loaded already. So, I take it that all I need to do is provide a connection string that points to the data on the website (i.e. "Server=myServerAddress;Database=myDataBase;Uid=myUsername;Pwd=myPassword; Encryption=true;")?

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.