suPHP and php.ini

Hi,

A friend of mine has just bought a dedicated server and has asked me to do a few things to it. One thing he wants of the max execution time to be 1800, so I checked phpinfo which said that the php.ini file was in /etc/php5/cgi however none of the changes I make in this file take effect.

I then noticed that the Loaded Configuration File value in phpinfo is set to /etc/suphp/suphp.conf however this file doesn't appear to reference php.ini and doesn't have any of the normal php config stuff in it.

I checked another server with suhosin installed and the 2 values (Configuration File (php.ini) Path, Loaded Configuration File ) were the same (/etc/php5/apache2 and /etc/php5/apache2/php.ini)

Is the server configured wrong, and if so how can I change where PHP looks for its config data.

Thanks,

Jon

I then noticed that the Loaded Configuration File value in phpinfo is set to /etc/suphp/suphp.conf however this file doesn't appear to reference php.ini and doesn't have any of the normal php config stuff in it.

The loaded configuration files section of phpinfo simply shows other (extra) configuration files that have been loaded. Not all config options need go within the php.ini. In fact most distrobutions put each extensions configuration within its own ini files so extensions can easily be installed separately.

You don't need to restart the server when running under cgi but you might give it a shot. Restart Apache.

By the way, I would be running php as an apache module instead of as cgi unless you have specific reasons to do so.

The loaded configuration files section of phpinfo simply shows other (extra) configuration files that have been loaded. Not all config options need go within the php.ini. In fact most distrobutions put each extensions configuration within its own ini files so extensions can easily be installed separately.

You don't need to restart the server when running under cgi but you might give it a shot. Restart Apache.

By the way, I would be running php as an apache module instead of as cgi unless you have specific reasons to do so.

This is what I see in phpinfo - usually the first two are the same and the additional files are shown below. We've restarted apache a number of times.

Configuration File (php.ini) Path /etc/php5/cgi

Loaded Configuration File         /etc/suphp/suphp.conf

Scan this dir for additional .ini files /etc/php5/cgi/conf.d

additional .ini files parsed         /etc/php5/cgi/conf.d/curl.ini, /etc/php5/cgi/conf.d/gd.ini, /etc/php5/cgi/conf.d/mcrypt.ini, /etc/php5/cgi/conf.d/mysql.ini, /etc/php5/cgi/conf.d/mysqli.ini, /etc/php5/cgi/conf.d/pdo.ini, /etc/php5/cgi/conf.d/pdo_mysql.ini, /etc/php5/cgi/conf.d/pspell.ini, /etc/php5/cgi/conf.d/xmlrpc.ini

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.