Asking for Kind Your Help

oceans

Hi people!

I want to I/O with RS232 or USB 2.0 using php.

Firstly can this be done?

I know RS232 is dyeing, maybe dead soon, so lets look at USB 2.0.

Please suggest how should I go about.

I have done similar implementations on VB, thus I should understand your technical suggestions.

Thanks

I am sorry, I still can't get you.

To be honest, I could not google "samophlange" as well. I mean, I could not find a listing for this term.

OK lets talk about the simple one first, RS232, I need to have a micro-controller chip and RS232 bridge, we need DLL or OCX from Microsoft, then we write code (in the PC) to opening com, communicate output, listen for input, close com.

For USB 2.0, I have the micro-controller chip, and the device driver (for PC) for it. My intention, is to push ascii char to the chip and get receive some returns. As for the chip routines, I can handle separately.

As for VB implementations I can handle at the PC side well, the situation is I need to implement in PHP.

Thanks

I want to implement browser based POS system (replacement for my application based), I only know PHP browser based language as for now.

For POS system, to open cash door latch we need this I/O. Bar code input as well.

If you suggest an easy alternatives for this browser based initiative, I will be happy.

I want to implement browser based POS system (replacement for my application based), I only know PHP browser based language as for now.

PHP is not designed for interactions with hardware, although it isn't impossible. However, it probably isn't recommended.

If you've done this before in VB, then one option would be to use PHP's exec() or passthru() functions to call a VB program.

An alternative would be to consider using a different language than PHP for generating the browser code, perhaps using MS .NET framework

• 2 weeks later...
This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.