How to sort vehicles without going to another page?

gigabyt3r

I have a list of vehicles at an address called ford-transit-vans.php, and the vehicles are sorted by registration year, but I was wondering how can I add another sort option that re-orders the results on the page but doesn't have to be directed to another page but im not sure how to go about doing it

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

I have a list of vehicles at an address called ford-transit-vans.php, and the vehicles are sorted by registration year, but I was wondering how can I add another sort option that re-orders the results on the page but doesn't have to be directed to another page but im not sure how to go about doing it

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

look up AJAX there is many a tutorial out there for it, it's a javascript based way of doing what you want, and alot more. It is very powerfull, you can tell the javascript to load info from a seperate php page without realoding the page

Ajax is a methodology, not a language. You need to know Javascript and a server side language (such as php) to implement Ajax. Id' suggest you at least learn some Javascript basics and then take a look at a framework like jQuery. It makes light work of alot of common Javascript requirements.

I've read up on JavaScript on w3schools, but I'm still not sure what would be best to do to in my situation (which is wanting to filter results within a search query)

If someone could point me in the right direction it would be greatly appreciated.

If you need anymore information don't hesitate to ask.

Thanks in advance

hmm, what about using an Iframe?

You can use an Iframe (but dont give it borders so people cant see it)

But be careful, because some browsers disable Iframes, so u will propably upset some users

So I need about 6 different pages to load in the iframe, called ford-transits-reg-year.php, ford-transits-color.php, ford-transit-roof-height,php etc?

Is there a simpler way to do it? Because not only do I want to re-arrage the results I also want to filter out specific keywords.

Thanks in advance

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.