embedded java help

I really didn't want to subscribe to a different forum, so hopefully someone here has a clue.

This looked like the most appropriate forum - as in no other forum looked appropriate ...

Following html code:

<div style="float: left;">
  <p>Mating Call</p>
  <audio controls="controls">
    <source src="/media/ogg/bullfrog.ogg" type="audio/ogg"/>
    <object type="application/x-java-applet">
      <param name="archive" value="http://theora.org/cortado.jar"/>
      <param name="code" value="com.fluendo.player.Cortado.class"/>
      <param name="url" value="/media/ogg/bullfrog.ogg"/>
      <param name="autoPlay" value="false"/>
      <p>
        <a href="/media/ogg/bullfrog.ogg">bullfrog.ogg</a>
      </p>
    </object>
  </audio>
</div>

Works beautifully, uses java cortado player as fallback - BUT asks user to accept sig first.

Solution is to host a local cortado.jar file, so that everything on same server.

However, when I try that, it doesn't work - and there are 404 errors in apache log for /herps/com - so it looks like using a local copy of the jar results in the client looking for stuff other than just the jar file.

Other than the archive parameter value, what else do I need to do so that java works with a locally hosted copy of the jar file?

It seems every freaking web page that discusses embedding java talks about using applet and/or embed which I just plain am NOT allowed to use, I HAVE to use W3C compliant tags which means object (audio/video/source are only exceptions).

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.