Zend_Db_Adapter insert() issue.

trq

I have an array ($data) that for the moment looks like....

Array
(
    [name] => foo
    [pass] => 5d41402abc4b2a76b9719d911017c592
    [salt] => 5d41402abc4b2a76b9719d911017c592
    [role] => 1
    [created_at] => 21/07/2009 9:03:09 AM
    [updated_at] => 21/07/2009 9:03:09 AM
)

This represents every column within my tbl_user table. However, when I try to execute an insert query.....

//return $data;
return $this->_db->insert('tbl_user', $data);

I get the following error.

Message: SQLSTATE[HY000]: General error: 10007 Cannot insert the value NULL into column 'updated_at', table 'auscorp2.dbo.tbl_user'; column does not allow nulls. INSERT fails. [10007] (severity 5) [(null)]

$this->_db is an instance of Zend_Db_Adapter and I am using mssql. updated_at is of type datetime in my database. I can post my backtrace if its required.

If I allow NULL's into my database the insert works but the created_at and updated_at columns both show up as NULL. I'm at a loss.

Ok, so Ive figured out that if I create my date using Zend_Db_Expr('GETDATE()') instead of php's date('d/m/Y G:i:s A') I can get this working, however, this isn't ideal.

I'm building a simple Orm and the created_at and updated_at columns are added to a model via a behavior plugin that I would obviously like to keep RDBM independent.

eg; My plugin now looks like....

<?php
class This_Orm_Behavour_Timestampable implements This_Orm_Interface_Behavour
{
    public function __construct(This_Orm_Entity $object)
    {
        $object->setColumn('created_at', array('type' => 'datetime', 'default' => new Zend_Db_Expr('GETDATE()')));
        $object->setColumn('updated_at', array('type' => 'datetime', 'default' => new Zend_Db_Expr('GETDATE()')));
    }
}

While ideally I would like it to be....

<?php
class This_Orm_Behavour_Timestampable implements This_Orm_Interface_Behavour
{
    public function __construct(This_Orm_Entity $object)
    {
        $object->setColumn('created_at', array('type' => 'datetime', 'default' => date('d/m/Y G:i:s A')));
        $object->setColumn('updated_at', array('type' => 'datetime', 'default' => date('d/m/Y G:i:s A')));
    }
}

Is there any way to tell the Zend_Db_Adapter what column types I'm trying to insert too?

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.