[SOLVED] Link to a PHP require/include.

AshleyByrom

Okay, well here is my problem.

I have one page.. inside that is a few PHP require()'s that load seperate pages into that page. Simple..

But, i want to be able to add a link to my page that will CHANGE that PHP include/require. For example.

Say I have three pages... index.php, home.php, about.php

On index.php there will be a <a href="home.php" blah blah that links to home.php. there will also be a PHP require that adds home.php to the page. When i click the link to ABOUT.PHP i want the php require to change from home.php to about.php.

Is this possible? Anything similar I could try?

I would use an iFrame but, i think i would probably get shot...

This isn't possible with php, php is a server-side language which means everything is processed and parsed on the server and the client just gets the page that comes out the other end. if you wanted to just use php you would have to reload the page.

Also, yes you would probably get shot and die a most painful death if you used an iframe, but you could also try ajax. That uses javascript to load a page and then you could put the results in a div or something.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.