MySQL Inserting Two Rows

btoles

if($_GET['action'] == "move")
{
	$id = $_GET['item_id'];

$inv = mysql_fetch_object(mysql_query("SELECT * FROM `inventory` WHERE `item_id` = '$id' LIMIT 1"));

mysql_query("INSERT INTO `storage` (`item_id`, `data_id`, `user_id`) VALUES ('$id', '$inv->data_id', '$thisuser->id')") or die(mysql_error());

mysql_query("DELETE FROM `inventory` WHERE `item_id` = '$id'") or die(mysql_error());

echo "<center>Your item has been moved to storage</center>";
}

The line is the INSERT, it inserts two rows everytime I use the query, they are exactly identical except one has no data_id.  I only want it to insert ONE ROW!!!!  It's doing this to me with another table as well (inventory table)

Your code is being executed twice. This is usually because your browser requested the page twice but it can also be cause by url rewriting or if you are including code twice or doing a redirect that causes the code to be executed twice.

The best way to prevent this (assuming it not being caused by a logic error in your code) is to put some validation logic in your code. If the SELECT query fails and does not return anything for $inv->data_id, don't execute the INSERT and DELETE queries.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.