php and flash help please

glow

<?=strip_tags($site['site_title'],'<b><i><span><u><font><em><strong>');?>

Hi.. the above code places a "tittle" at the top of an html page. the data comes from a cms

now i would like to duplicate this functionality and have that same code place that same "tittle" in a swf flash file.

I've created the dynamic text field inside the flash file but I don't know what actioncdript to use to pull the tittle data into flash.

the swf file and admin.php page wish holds the "tittle" code reside in the same folder at the root of the server.

can anyone help? thank you.

although this is more of a flash question... who cares, it involves php. there are multiple ways of doing this and some may vary depending on how you embed your swf file. but the simplest if you are using <object> and <embed>.... would be to just append a querystring to the source of your movie like....

<embed src="flash_file.swf?page_title=<?=strip_tags($site['site_title'],'<b><i><span><u><font><em><strong>');?>" ....

and naming your dynamic text field in flash the same.

another way would be to have a php script that compiles a list of variables using a querystring-like format, so all it outputs is similar to...

page_title=my title&another_var=1&and_another=2

then in flash you can pull those variables using this function...

loadVariablesNum("path/to/file.php",0); // 0 being the level in flash to load the variables into

hi Foodifi

Thank you for helping me.

Foodigi in your first example You say to name the dynamic text field the same.  Please explain what I should name it the same as?????

should i name it as: "$site"    or  "site_tittle"

thank you

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.