Reconfiguring PHP5 with PEAR

So I installed a script that needed PHP5. So I manually upgraded to PHP5. Well there's an error and the creator of the script says I need to reconfigure PHP5 with PEAR. The odd thing is I see PEAR installed.

Another problem is I cant find the site that I used to install PHP5 from yum. So I'm looking for a easy set of commands to reconfigure/install PHP5 with lots of extensions and PEAR configured with it.

Hope someone can help

Thanks for any help

:D

Pear is simply a framework (of sorts) used by some php scripts, its written in php so php doesn't need to be rebuilt in order to use it.

I'm not a yum user so I'm not sure of the exact commands but have you tried searching your yum repo's for pear? eg;

yum search pear

Then to install it would be...

yum install <package-name>

where <package-name> would be something like php-pear (as found by your yum search).

It found and installed it. but I still get the error. It seems like PHP cant find PEAR or something like that. Not really sure.

I did come across some forums that said I need to tell PHP where to find PEAR.

Maybe that's my problem?

and if so then what would I edit  :confused: :confused:

You need to edit your include_path directive within your php.ini file. Yum should have done this for you, however, it may have failed.

You need to find where pear is installed, typically /usr/share/php/pear (or similar), then add this directory to your include_path within your php.ini file then restart your server for your php.ini changes to take effect.

I didn't find any include_path in my php.ini nor did I find anything relating to PEAR =/

You know how the commands should look? I'll just add them manually

Also "whereis" command said PEAR (since php-pear pulled up nothing) is located at

# whereis pear
pear: /usr/bin/pear /etc/pear.conf /usr/local/bin/pear /usr/local/etc/pear.conf /usr/share/pear

seems like there is a bunch of messy stuff happening >_<

The whereis returned correct data. The pear command is located within /usr/bin as it should be. Your pear libraries are located within /usr/share/pear so add that to your include path.

If you don't already have an include path defined (you should) it should now look like....

include_path = ".:/usr/share/pear"

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.