[SOLVED] Those 'snazzy' editable profiles

Tagg

I searched through a few pages of results on here and Google'd around;

I have a profile members can edit, you know..information, email, password, etc. One of the things is a description/biography table..but the only thing I have that you can put in there is basically text lol.

I have seen profiles where they have made it able to like insert/show (embed) youtube videos, and post pictures, even simple bold/italic abilities (once I saw a toolbar but that would crowd my theme to be honest).

Is there a name for these types of features? I'd appreciate if anyone could pass on a name/link about it! Wanted to snazzy up my profiles with a little weekly project ;)

WYSIWY(G|M)

What You See Is What You Get

What You See Is What You Mean

http://tinymce.moxiecode.com/

Yeah, that thing reminds me of telnet trying to setup lol..bah.

But it works perfect now, having a php script carry the code they put into the database and when profiles are pulled up it brings it up. Just a few resizing obstacles left so it doesn't flip the layout around lol.

Thanks again, and I tried that FCKeditor one but dunno - think tinymce is easier to setup and more flexible from what I saw. Would recommend it to anyone else looking for something like this.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.