Thankyou PHPfreaks.

phpSensei

I just got my OSC award mailed out to me, in website development and will be representing all of Ontario in the Canadians Competition. I never considered myself a winner at anything in my life, but this is truly amazing and I never could have done it without you guys. The competition was in waterloo couple of months ago, and there were 30 000 spectators, in 60 different trade skills! I came first in website development and a chance for 25 grand from Adobe and other sponsors.

I never thought an average 17 year old like myself would be ever a winner in anything, but now I realize I am truly blessed to be part of such a wonderful community, and to actually bring back gold. I want to thank all the GURUS, ADMINS, MODS, RECOMMENDED and specially the PHPfreaks community.

PHP is only the beginning, it is a window to a lot of opportunities such as this one. I started with web programming when I was 13 staying up late with my dad reading his programming books, and just learning at all the fascinating things you can do.

I will be representing Ontario next year in prince edward island....

p.s. My dad got me a brand new car

Nice one! What do you do in the competition?

Hello. THANKYOU!

We were given a project outline each and we had to complete it in 2 days. I had to make a website for a cellphone company, I scored 92/100. There were 3 judges for design and interface, and 3 judges for coding and the backend stuff. We had no internet access or anything like that, just what we knew. They wanted everything validated, documented and clean...

http://skillsontario.com/images/pdf/scopes/web_site_development_scope_2009_sec_and_ps_fr

Programs allowed to use

Server environment:

o XAMPP running Apache HTTP

Server 2.2

o MySQL 5.0 with phpMyAdmin 2.11

o PHP 5.2

• Development applications:

o Adobe Dreamweaver CS3

o Aptana Studio

• Text Editors:

o Notepad

o Notepad++

o HTML Kit

o EditPlus

o UltraEdit

o Textpad

o Vim

o Cream

• FTP programs:

o WinSCP

o FileZilla

• Image /multimedia applications:

o Adobe Photoshop (CS3)

o Adobe Flash CS3

o Fireworks CS3

o Freehand MX

o GIMP

o Inkscape

• Other programs:

o Microsoft Word 2007

o Open Office.org 3

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.