noob noob noob

xpace

I have an onchange  function in my PHP form that sends a value via GET and then shows it in a DIV named extra.

form method is POST btw

<select name='business_type_main' onchange=\"$('#extra').load('?trade='+this.value);\">

it shows up checkboxes selected by the value of /trade/ without reloading the page.

then I just select any number of checkboxes and press NEXT, which is a SUBMIT button (of course there are other fields to fill up).

after pressing the SUBMIT (NEXT) button it will call a PHP function to check all required fields and if there are some missing or incorrect, it will show up

the same form with already inserted values and warning messages.

here comes the big problem : I need to show the checkboxes again with the originally ticked boxes and have the /trade/ variable value ready again for following SUBMITs so everytime the client makes a mistake it will show all the fields with values already inserted including the checkboxes.

I hope it is clear enough to understand my problem.

thanks very much

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.